Posted By
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Just another little thing that has bugged me with photoshop over the years is that if I want to create a rectangle layer selection at a specific size say 100pixels x 200pixels is there anyway to create this sized layer selection without having to create a new document and then copy and paste it into your existing document?

I mean I see the info palette but some times it can be tricky to get the exact number your after via dragging the mouse. Can I input the values somewhere?

ANy help would be great

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Oct 28, 2008
your new layer is the size of your document
TF
Tim_Francis
Oct 28, 2008
Say I have a document 1000×1000 pixels how do I create a new rectangle selection on a new layer at eg 350×237 without having to create a new document setting the size to 350×237 and then copying and pasting back into the original document?
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 28, 2008
If you use transform selection, you can use the handles to drag in and out, or type 350px and 237px in the percentage fields in the options bar. You can also choose fixed size in the marquee options and type in 350px and 237px.

J

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections