D
Posted By
dalewb
Dec 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a document with two shapes. One shape has layer styles (gradient, bevel, etc) added to it. On the other shape layer, when I attempt to create a new bevel effect on it, the changes therein affect the previous shape’s bevel effect. The only way I can avoid this happening is to merge down the first shape into the background. I have never seen this occur before and can only assume it has something to do with some idiosyncrasy related to the shape tools (pen, line, and shapes). Will someone please tell me how to be able to create new effects that do not affect other layers?

Here is a picture of what’s going on:
<http://www.dwbgallery.com/stuff/photoshoplayertrouble.jpg>

Photoshop v7 used.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 9, 2006
Is Use Global Light checked in the Layer Styles dialog? If so, try unchecking it.
D
dalewb
Dec 9, 2006
haha, that did it!! You, sir, are a genious. Thanks! You know, it took me forever to figure out where the gradient edit palette was accessed from – these tiny little details (click on the gradient swatch to bring up the edit window, rather than clicking on the drop down box next to the swatch) are the killers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections