F
Posted By
Frogiswrong
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
why not make the matboard and cut effect in photoshop and then whack it in an off the shelf frame.

"IanStJohn" wrote in message
I’ve become active in a local camera club, submitting my photoshopped
prints
in the bi-monthly competitions. So far successful despite the controversy
my
surreal efforts stirs among the diehard traditionalists.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to mount my prints to show them off to
good
effect – so they get a little lost just being stuck on a piece of card.
Today I waded through pages of Google searches trying to find a tutorial
on
mat cutting/photo mounting, with little success.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction – seems senseless to spend hours/days on these prints and then present them so poorly.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CF
Craig Flory
Aug 28, 2003
Hi Ian; I’ve been a pro photographer for over 37 years and compete in professional competitions. But, I have also been a judge for two camera club competitions as well. Try this on one print next time to see how it does. In Photoshop, make a new canvas in 14" x 11" in white. Now open your image and review what the important parts are. If your image is , say …10" x 8 " … try using the rectangular marquee tool to cut it into a slim-line image.(
i.e. 10" x 5

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections