CS
Posted By
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Most of you probably knew this already, but Google has added a nice optional feature: a toolbar that attaches itself to your browser and is there when you open the browser. Saves a couple steps when you want to Google while reading some of the questions here on the forum. Nothing fancy or deep but a nice addition.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 29, 2004
Chuck,

Not only do they have the "browser" bar but you can also get a bar that will attach to the taskbar in Windows, eliminating the need for opening your browser at all.

Dick
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 29, 2004
I have one! 400 pop ups blocked so far!

Terri
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 29, 2004
Dick, thanks – I’ll try that one next!
B
Burt
Apr 29, 2004
Google is great, but I don’t go to Google for newsgroups or usergroups any more. They require a viable email address to use Google groups and my postings to THIS forum through Google have, within a day or two, resulted in my receiving tons of spam and virus-laden emails. I now go through the Outlook Express newsgroup which permits me to post with my email address with the addition of an antispam group of letters that can be removed for anyone who wishes to personally respond outside the group. As you know, spammers and jerks who send viruses use software that can harvest email addresses enmasse from forums, chatrooms, and newsgroups. Altering your email address in an obvious way foils their wholesale emailing with the harvested addresses and still permits honest people to respond.

wrote in message
Chuck,

Not only do they have the "browser" bar but you can also get a bar that
will attach to the taskbar in Windows, eliminating the need for opening your browser at all.
Dick
JW
JP White
Apr 30, 2004
Burt wrote:
Google is great, but I don’t go to Google for newsgroups or usergroups any more. They require a viable email address to use Google groups and my postings to THIS forum through Google have, within a day or two, resulted in my receiving tons of spam and virus-laden emails. I now go through the Outlook Express newsgroup which permits me to post with my email address with the addition of an antispam group of letters that can be removed for anyone who wishes to personally respond outside the group. As you know, spammers and jerks who send viruses use software that can harvest email addresses enmasse from forums, chatrooms, and newsgroups. Altering your email address in an obvious way foils their wholesale emailing with the harvested addresses and still permits honest people to respond.

One caveat with this group is that the vast majority of posters use the web interface at adobeforums.com. As a result of the setup there your posting here in the public copy of that forum is NOT posted back to the web based forum. So I am one of very few that will have read your response.

I use a news reader to read this group just as you do, since it is more efficient and use adobeforums.com to respond to postings from forum members.

JP
JL
Jim Lloyd
Apr 30, 2004
((SNIP))

One caveat with this group is that the vast majority of posters use the web interface at adobeforums.com. As a result of the setup there your posting here in the public copy of that forum is NOT posted back to the web based forum. So I am one of very few that will have read your
response.
I use a news reader to read this group just as you do, since it is more efficient and use adobeforums.com to respond to postings from forum
members.
JP
True enough, but look at it the other way…. folks who only use the Adobe Forums miss out on all the posts by the newsgroup readers! If I need to post something that I want everybody else to see, I post it on the Adobe web forum, otherwise, I gather all my information from reading the posts with my newsreader.
JW
JP White
May 1, 2004
Jim Lloyd wrote:

True enough, but look at it the other way…. folks who only use the Adobe Forums miss out on all the posts by the newsgroup readers!

Their loss not ours huh?

JP

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections