MC
Posted By
Michelle Crum
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help. The navigator bar at the very top of my screen (apple and all) disappear frequently. I used my one free call to Adobe to address this question. They told me to quit Elements, go to the system folder and trash the "Adobe Photoshop Elements Prefs" file and then restart. Worked great for a while. Now it isn’t. I even did this, deleted the program and reinstalled. Still gone! What do I do???

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 27, 2003
Michelle, can you tell us a little more about your setup–what model mac, how much ram, which os version? Does this only happen in Elements?
JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 27, 2003
Michelle,

Are you running PSE 1 in Classic mode in OS X? If you are, you’ll lose the menu bar every time if you start Classic by double clicking on the PSE icon. The fix is to shut down PSE by using the keyboard shortcut of Command-Q and then relaunch just PSE. The permenant fix is to start Classic before you double click and launch PSE.

If you’re not using OS X (and by extension Classic and PSE 1) then just disregard this whole bloody message. ;^)

Joe
JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 27, 2003
I should add that if I remember right, this only happend to me in 10.1. I don’t think (could have faulty memory on this) I ever saw this problem with Jaguar. Of course I got Jaguar shortly after I purchased PSE 2 so I didn’t use PSE 1 very long after I bought Jaguar. Boy I really said the words Jaguar and PSE a lot in this post, didn’t I?

😉

Joe
JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 27, 2003
Joe, you are freaking amazing.

Tell my wife that would ya? Oh and you’re welcome! 🙂

Joe
P
Phosphor
Aug 28, 2003
Joe, you are freaking amazing.

So he is. 8^)
MC
Michelle Crum
Aug 28, 2003
: )

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections