L
Posted By
Lundberg02
Sep 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
To my technically unsophisticated fans out there, you know who you are, I just installed QT 7.5.5 and iTunes 8. Now I have a disconnect sound on my audio every three minutes. I rebooted from my backup and it doesn’t do it, so thanks a bunch, Apple , you f—- ninnies.

BTW fans, the two problems " nobody else has" that I spent months on intermittently, I finally got Griffin to admit to one, and Flip4mac to admit to the other. I don’t give up, because I know that beta doesn’t find the really irritating stuff., and I have been troubleshooting for longer than any of you have been alive, well, except for Ramon, who defeated the Moors in 732.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
Lundberg02
Sep 12, 2008
And then iTunes 8 spent ten minutes recreating all my album cover thumbnails. Stupid.
P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2008
Sending my love to all the early adopters.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for beta testing and finding the bugs so I can wait for a dot release or so.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 12, 2008
Do these problems occur when you have Photoshop running?

I’ve no sound problems with QT 7.5.5. Is your system properly maintained/configured?

thanks a bunch, Apple , you f—- ninnies

This is an Adobe user-to-user forum. You are not addressing Apple here.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 12, 2008
Lundberg,

Glad to hear that someone is at the ramparts to beat back these early problems. And I can hear the exasperation in your voice.

I have been troubleshooting for longer than any of you have been alive, well, except for Ramon, who defeated the Moors in 732

Now, that would be an exaggeration. He didn’t do it singlehanded! <lol>

Neil
B
Buko
Sep 12, 2008
Well iTunes 8 seems to be the problem not QT 7.5.5

Not a lot of happy people over at the Apple forums.
P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2008
"Not a lot of happy people over at the Apple forums."

But as soon as the virtual black helicopters and deep-cover operatives show up, those complainers and bug-pointer-outers will quietly disappear along with their comments, never to be heard from again.

Better to pay attention to MacFixit.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 12, 2008
Not a single issue here with the QT or iTunes updates on 4 systems.
S
StevieV
Sep 12, 2008
Alls well here on an intel laptop and a G5 tower using quicktime 7.5.5 and itunes 8… but both are running 10.4.11. 🙂
B
Buko
Sep 12, 2008
I have not done the iTunes update yet but the QT update is causing no issues for me.
S
StevieV
Sep 13, 2008
I’ve even done the iphone update just to hang myself right off the cliff, but I’m still not interested in OS 10.5.
JF
john_findley
Sep 13, 2008
I have updated both, tested them on older files and guess what – no problems:

MacPro 2X 2.66
OS 10.5.4
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 13, 2008
I’ve done both, both on Intel in 10.4.11 and Intel on 10.5.4. No problems in either.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 13, 2008
I used my standard method. I accused my g4 of molesting the mini, described his attraction to his mother, told him to stop it or the mouse gets it, and then did the Coke machine solution.
The noise stopped. But iTunes wouldn’t let me buy anything ( I wanted the rest of the Elvis gospel album). After I quit iTunes, I had a registry crash. I booted from my FW and did a disk repair, and then permissions repair and the P R found several iTunes permissions faulty.
I can hear Ramon now, always repair…………………………y seguro servidad.

I’m not usually an early adopter. Late twenties, early thirties, plenty good enough. But I wanted to see if QT 7.5.5 solved the Flip4mac problem and iTunes 8 was right there with it.

It was a bad day right from the beginning. The enterprise web team has been f—-with the firewall, and the app server farm decided to move some IPs. This resulted in no mail being sent, no registrations confirmed, and the zapping of my password. So, yes , I had the day off, but quadruple the work the next day.

I’m not even going to try updating Flip4mac back to the ver 49 that doesn’t work with QT7.5 in 10.4.11. I’ll just ask them, screw it. Ver 33 does what it’s supposed to do.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 13, 2008
postscript

I got a whole bunch of Elvis for ;less than 50 cents a song, it’s as if they knew.
B
Buko
Sep 13, 2008
just installed iTunes works perfectly.
L
LarryGR
Sep 13, 2008
With QT 7.5.5 videos no longer play directly in an email. I have to copy them to the desktop and open them in QT.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 13, 2008
What movie format, Larry?

I actually use VLC as a player most of the time. It plays anything, has nice features like easyaspect ratio controls for distorted clips.
B
Buko
Sep 13, 2008
Movies play fine in my email.
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 14, 2008
Check your QuickTime settings.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 14, 2008
Flip4Mac recently had an update as well Lundberg… maybe worth trying.
L
LarryGR
Sep 14, 2008
wmv In an email it looks like it’s an audio file and I can listen to the sound. I have to open the attachment to see the video. What settings? Thanks!
B
Buko
Sep 14, 2008
WMV works just fine in email for me.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 14, 2008
Thanks, Scott, I downloaded Flip4mac WMV Player 2.2.1.11.. Based on past experience, I’m going to ask their tech support what they fixed first.
L
LarryGR
Sep 14, 2008
I have the Flip4mac WMV Player 2.2.1.11 installed.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 14, 2008
I’m running F4M 2.2.1.11, QT 7.5.5, iTunes8, and Perian 1.1 all with no issues.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 15, 2008

I.m getting a "network connection has been reset" error message in iTunes 8. Never seen that before. Nothing wrong with my network. I’ll try it again later.

I have PERIAN 1.1 also. Not sure whether I’ve ever used it,but it hasn’t caused any problems.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 15, 2008
I have PERIAN 1.1 also. Not sure whether I’ve ever used it,but it hasn’t caused any problems.

You have 🙂 It’s a blind app.. it runs without the user knowing it allowing formats to play that normally wouldn’t.
P
Phosphor
Sep 15, 2008
OS X 10.4.11; QT 7.5; iTunes 7.7.1; F4M 2.2.0.49; Perian 1.1; DivX Converter & Player 2.0

No problemo.
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2008
me thinks Lundy is having another of his problem moments.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 15, 2008
I know, Scott, but I don’t play any unusual formats in QT. Only mov, mpg, avi, and wmv with Flip. I use VLC for flv and for anything with the wrong aspect ratio.

Telestream told me very specifically that 049 has problems with QT 7.5, YMMV. I can quote the email if anyone wants to see it.

iTunes is now downloading without the error message.
Computers are the work of the devil.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 15, 2008
Yes it seems okay with Leopard and that combination.

Best regards,

Willow

—–Original Message—–
Sent: 08/18/2008 3:30 PM
To: "Flip4Mac Support"
CC:
Subject: Re: Support Case 1-29580

Thank you. Is it working all right with 10.5.x? I have down revved and it’s fine.

Flip4Mac Support wrote:

* Note: When replying to this message, please make sure to reference Support Case 1-29580 in the subject field.

Dear Richard,

Install the previous version in the computer that’s having the difficulty. The down rev works because you have 7.5 and that’s not working so well with Tiger and 2.2.0.49. Install the previous version www.filp4mac.com/wmv_previoushtm

See if that helps.

Best Regards,

Willow

Flip4Mac Support Team
L
Lundberg02
Sep 20, 2008
Telestream has subsequently told me to stay with ver 33 of Flip4Mac until I go to Leopard.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 22, 2008
After installing Security Update 2006, Safari 3.1.2 repeatedly quits on one of my favorite websites.
P
Phosphor
Sep 22, 2008
Seriously, dude…Go let your complaints be known on the MacFixit forums. You might even run into somebody there who will get you fixed right up.
L
Lundberg02
Sep 22, 2008
Never happen, and it has been reported to Apple twice.
P
Phosphor
Sep 22, 2008
You can report stuff to Apple all you want, but if you want a possible solution to your problems, why not go to a more likely source for answers?

Sure, somebody here MIGHT be able to help, but the folks on the MacFixit forums, for example, are dedicated to that sort of problem like we are here for Photoshop issues. I dare say they’re even better and more responsive than the Apple boards.

All I’m suggesting is that if you just want to complain, make it clear that’s what you’re doing. If you want a fix, why not maximize the likelihood by going to a richer source for info?
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 22, 2008
Lundberg,

After installing Security Update 2006, Safari 3.1.2 repeatedly quits on one of my favorite websites.

I strongly agree with Phos here. You’re burying the problem in the wrong forum. Why would (almost) anyone knowledgeable about this stuff be hanging out here?

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections