CP
Posted By
Chuck_Provancher
Apr 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had used a Mac for years and never had a problem copying and pasting photos and other graphics from MS Word into Photoshop. But when I try that using Word for Windows into Photshop for Windows, I get very bad results: All of the colors are thrown off and pixellated.

Why is that? IS there a setting I can change so that the colors will look the same going from Word to Photoshop?

Thanks.

P.S. I’m using Photoshop CS2 and MS Word 2003.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Apr 24, 2007
It simply doesn’t work in Windows the way it does on the Mac. On Windows save your Word document as a web page. You’ll get a folder with the original images as placed as well as copies that duplicate any changes made in Word.

Open the originals in Photoshop.

Bob
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 24, 2007
Photoshop is colour managed. Word is not.

Calibrate your monitor for Photoshop using Adobe Gamma or a third party software/hardware profiling solution. Then set your Photoshop working space to sRGB (which approximates the generic colour space of non-managed devices and software.

That way you can move images from one application to another a degree of consistency.
BL
Bob Levine
Apr 24, 2007
Chris…it doesn’t work in Windows. You can’t C/P from Word to Photoshop. It’s not a color issue. You’ll get low res screen images every time.

Works just fine on the Mac, though.

Bob
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 25, 2007
Robert is right. If you cut and paste images from Word to Windows, what gets carried on the clipboard is more or less a 72 dpi resampling of the image as displayed in Word. Save the Word document as a web page and the original, full-sized images will be saved in a subfolder.
LL
Lewis Lorton
Apr 25, 2007
wrote:
I had used a Mac for years and never had a problem copying and pasting photos and other graphics from MS Word into Photoshop. But when I try that using Word for Windows into Photshop for Windows, I get very bad results: All of the colors are thrown off and pixellated.

Why is that? IS there a setting I can change so that the colors will look the same going from Word to Photoshop?

Thanks.

P.S. I’m using Photoshop CS2 and MS Word 2003.

Why not just ‘insert’ the image?
That has always worked for me.
CP
Chuck_Provancher
Apr 25, 2007
Thanks for the tips, everyone! I tried it and it worked.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections