Posted By
hockeyboy009
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I photograph weddings with my Fuji S7000. On a couple of photos I get a lot of noise in the dark areas of the photos. Specifically on the grooms black tux. These photos have good lighting characteristics. There is no noise in other areas. I usually start seeing the noise when cropping or zooming.

Does anyone have a good method to remove noise from dark areas of photos? I also need to keep the folds and creases in the clothing. I just can’t spray the whole area black 😉

I’ve tried despeckle and noise removal. I’ve also tried spraying the areas with the existing color at different levels of opacity. All of my methods have made the problem worse or the same (just different).

Help! and Thanks,

mjd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RH
Rick Hughes
Apr 22, 2004
Select the area with the noise.
New layer via copy
Set layer to Darken
Use move tool to move layer down one pixel and over one pixel

Rick

"mjd" wrote in message
Hi,

I photograph weddings with my Fuji S7000. On a couple of photos I get a lot of noise in the dark areas of the photos. Specifically on the grooms black tux. These photos have good lighting characteristics. There is no noise in other areas. I usually start seeing the noise when cropping or zooming.

Does anyone have a good method to remove noise from dark areas of photos? I also need to keep the folds and creases in the clothing. I just can’t spray the whole area black 😉

I’ve tried despeckle and noise removal. I’ve also tried spraying the areas with the existing color at different levels of opacity. All of my methods have made the problem worse or the same (just different).
Help! and Thanks,

mjd
H
hockeyboy009
Apr 22, 2004
Rick, what an awsome method. I would have never ‘thunk’ of this.

My other research indicated I could also use gausian blur or figure out which level (R,G or B) has the most noise and blur only that level. I’m also thinking using both methods together would work well. First use Rick’s method and then blur slightly where needed.

Thanks!

mjd

"Rick Hughes" …
New layer via copy
Set layer to Darken
Rick

"mjd" wrote in message
Hi,

Help! and Thanks,

mjd
RH
Rick Hughes
Apr 23, 2004
I would love to take credit for it but I found it in "Photoshop Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann. A very informative book.

Rick

"mjd" wrote in message
Rick, what an awsome method. I would have never ‘thunk’ of this.
My other research indicated I could also use gausian blur or figure out which level (R,G or B) has the most noise and blur only that level. I’m also thinking using both methods together would work well. First use Rick’s method and then blur slightly where needed.
Thanks!

mjd

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
news:<uCFhc.37850$>…
New layer via copy
Set layer to Darken
Rick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections