MB
Posted By
Maximiliano_Braun
Jun 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. My problem is consistent in windows crashing to death when I try to apply a median filter, or a dust and scratches filter. My images are usually large as about 200+ megs on average. I have a 3.2ghz pentium on 2gigs of ram. The issue happens with both of my versions of photoshop CS and CS2. I thought this might have been a problem with CS2 at the beginning but it also happened when I downgraded to CS.

When the problem ocurrs windows absolutely freezes to the reach that I cannot even summon the task manager. I have to hand in works in about 15 hours and I know I can manage it but I am unable to finish them unless the stability comes back.

Thanks in advance,

Maximiliano Braun

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 14, 2005
if windows (xp or 2000) is completely crashing, i’m afraid you’ve got some bad hardware max, or a remote possibility, bad or corrupted bios.

see the faq:
Chris Cox, "Computer locks up, shuts down, or reboots while running Photoshop" #2, 16 Aug 2004 3:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections