JD
Posted By
Jeffrey_D._Phillips
Dec 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I read about some issues with dark prints and CS4. I am able to print correctly to an Epson 9800 and 3800 but the 11880 prints dark when using CS4 (color or b&w). I use OS X 10.5.5 and have the latest drivers and firmware. Is this the same issue others are having? Any ideas for a fix?

Settings:

Photoshop dialog = Photoshop manages color
Epson driver = No color management
Print = dark output
P.S. The soft proof on the screen looks like it should (similar to CS3 soft proof) but the print does not match the soft proof, like I said too dark.

Thanks in advance for any help or info…
Jeff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
Dec 8, 2008
try adding ‘Eric Chan’ to your search here…he recently added a list of printers here that have this problem
GB
g_ballard
Dec 8, 2008
and maybe more importantly, printers that should not have this problem
D
DYP
Dec 9, 2008
Here we go again.

The first thing I would do is try the ColorSync workaround to determined if double profiling is going on here.

You could also try convert to profile (paper/printer) and then choose Printer Manages Color in the PS dialog and then turn off CM in the driver. See if it make any difference.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections