H
Posted By
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have PS v7, CS2 & Creative Suite 3 design Premium on my late 2004 Mac iBook. After I installed Creative suite I used it for a short while then got the message Licencin for this product has stopped working, usinstall & reinstall.
I did this 3 times & still got the same error message. I’m not sure if it’s always after updating or even before.

I needed to use PS while CS3 was stuck like that & so I opened CS2 & got the message Serious error has been detected. To continue using PS pls. uninstall & reinstall.

I’m looking at this page
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=33 1404> & have trashed all the files mentioned that I have except
3. Delete the Adobe folder from the Users/[User]/Library/Application Suppor
This folder has 19 items in including a Lightroom folder & an XMP folder that I’m thinking I might miss if I delete. Shall I delete all but these?

I’ve read I have to install CS2 1st before CS3 so I started uninstalling CS2 1st but I think if I uninstal CS3 with it’s nice installer I can see what’s left in this folder.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
PS
I doulble click the add or remove Adobe Creative suite Premium item in Utilities & I get the request for my Admin password, I enter it & click OK & nothing happens! I tried it several times. Weird.
What’s going on?
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
It’s OK it was just taking it’s time opening… it’s uninstalling OK.
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
After running the uninstaller for CS3 there are still 19 items in that Adobe folder in Applications support folder including one called Adobe Photoshop CS3 & another called Bridge CS3. The uninstaller didn’t remove Acrobat 9 which had a separate install disc. There is also an Acrobat folder in that Adobe folder & an Air folder & a CS3 stock photos folder.
There is also an adobe photoshop CS3 folder still in my applications folder with plugins & samples inside.
I’m thinking to trash everything with CS3 in the name & leave the rest & hope it doesn’t matter if some belong to CS2.
Any advice?
R
Ram
Aug 11, 2008
Do a site search for CS3Clean Script, download it and run it according to the instructions.
H
happysnapper
Aug 11, 2008
Thanks I’ll try that.
J
JumpsOnFire
Aug 13, 2008
On 2008-08-10 23:39:13 -0400, said:

PS
I doulble click the add or remove Adobe Creative suite Premium item in Utilities & I get the request for my Admin password, I enter it & click OK & nothing happens! I tried it several times. Weird. What’s going on?

Go to the Adobe web site and get the official uninstallers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections