DH
Posted By
Darrel_Hoffman
Jul 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one is weird. I was just doing something innocuous (choosing a color), and all of a sudden the PS Help thing popped up in my browser. Four times. (Using Firefox, so there were 4 tabs to close.) I had it happen before, but in that case, I was reaching for something behind the keyboard and I assumed I’d just accidentally bumped the F1-key a few times. Now I’m thinking that’s not what happened, since in this case my hand was nowhere near the keyboard. Anybody ever run into this before?

(PS7, by the way.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Rags Gardner
Jul 21, 2006
Darrel,

IÂ’ve had this happen with CS2.

If you double click in some background areas, it brings up help or open.

In my case it turned out to be a defective Wacom tablet mouse.

Cheers, Rags 🙂
DH
Darrel_Hoffman
Jul 21, 2006
If you double click in some background areas, it brings up help or open.

Well, that might be it, but I’d have had to click 8 times in this case, since the help came up 4 times.

In my case it turned out to be a defective Wacom tablet mouse.

Just a regular mouse here (MS Optical Explorer), but I haven’t had problems like this with anything else.
DH
Darrel_Hoffman
Jul 21, 2006
Okay, the plot thickens – Maybe related maybe not, but all of a sudden, none of the tool palettes work. Can’t move them, can’t do anything with them. However, I can still use any of the tools (though I have to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch tools, because I can’t click on the tool palete.) I can still use features from the menus, I can still save (whew), but the tool palettes are all completely dead. This is bizarre. Maybe time for a reboot here…
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 22, 2006
Darrel,

The unsolicited opening of multiple instances of PS help is often reported as being caused by a lack of sufficient RAM…

The other problem might be non-related. try to reset the prefs (FAQ on top of forum).

Rob
D
d-signer
Jul 22, 2006
One I have up to 24 help windows popped. I think that is the lovely concern for PS users… :^)
L
LenHewitt
Jul 22, 2006
Darrel,

Usually due to low resources on the machine. Try dropping your PS memory allocation.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections