P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, when I attempt to open a specific Photoshop file the "New" dialog box appears instead. It asks me what resolution, size, etc. and when I press "ok" it creates a new document instead of opening the selected Photoshop file. The image is slightly over 2 gigs in size, and thumbnail displays when the file is highlighted…it just won’t open! Has anyone had an experience with this!? I am using Photoshop 7.

Thanks!,
-Anton

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
Photoshop 7 can’t read files over 2 Gigs in size.
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
….Than why does it allow you to create them? Is there a patch or anything to "fix" this? Thanks for the heads up.

-Anton
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 27, 2003
Than why does it allow you to create them?

You’re right, it shouldn’t, but it does. This has been discussed in this forum since you are now "toast" (as others have been) – you’re image will not open. There is no fix. I’m not certain what drives the limitiation in PS, if it’s windows or ps itself. PS 8 is reported to be announced any day now and many are hoping that this limitation will be overcome with PS8 – that remains to be seen.

Your only shot is to try and open it in another image editing program that opens PSD’s. I’m not sure if Paint Shop Pro has this limiation but that’d be my next try (since they have a trial version).

If that doesn’t work, the only other thing I can think of is to drink until the wee hours of the morning <grin>.

Peace,
Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections