MJ
Posted By
Matthias_Jakubek
Jul 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For a good half year or so I have become used to the fact that, whenever I quit Photoshop CS3 I get a popup that says that photoshop unexpectedly crashed. Okay, not as bad as really unexpectedly crashing but still very annoying. Does anyone know what the matter could be? Anyone with similar experiences?

Regards,
Matt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MS
maxam_studio
Jul 30, 2008
I have a similar problem,
I wish I had yours,
When I quit Photoshop CS3 it just endlessly hangs,
I have to force quit it to get rid of it..
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 30, 2008
Matthias and maxam,

You have not provided enough information here to address this. OS, RAM, file sizes, scratch disk and free hard drive space, maintenance done, PS preferences reset…etc.? Also new occurrence, tied to particular file or file type, anything done to the system (hardware/software) immediately prior to these aberrations…?

Neil
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 30, 2008
Hi Matthias,

That happens with me with lots of applications, occasionally Photoshop, normally when I do something odd right before quitting. As this happens with various applications on an unpredictable basis I presume there is some trigger in the system which reacts to certain shutdown routines providing a false report. Personally I don’t worry about it as it has never affected any function of my system or apps.
R
Ram
Jul 31, 2008
Photoshop pretends to have crashed after quit

Suspect a corrupted Workspace file first of all.
SS
Steve_Slatter
Jul 31, 2008
My situation is the same as Matt. Every time I quit, for as long as I can remember "The Application Photoshop has Unexpectedly Quit"

PS CS3 (10.0.1)
OS X 10.4.11 (fully patched)
MacBook Pro; Intel Core 2 Duo @2.33 GHz w/2GB RAM
R
Ram
Aug 1, 2008
Again:

Suspect a corrupted Workspace file first of all.

Try deleting all your saved workspace files.
SS
Steve_Slatter
Aug 2, 2008
I apologize for your having to repeat yourself Ramon. I have deleted what I found in the workspace subfolders of PS and there is no change in the problem at PS quit.
SA
Sean_A_Russell
Aug 24, 2008
Did this ever get answered? I suddenly started getting the same problem and I don’t have any saved work spaces to delete. It started with the last CS3 upgrade to 10.0.1. I’m on OSX 10.5.4 on a Macbook Pro, 4 gig Ram. Bridge is not affected.

My workflow is to open Canon raw files in ACR, then in CS3. Process them and save as Tiffs and Jpegs. Then quit from the dock menu.

As the OP says it isn’t so much a problem of the system actually crashing just an annoying message that has to be clicked.

—-
Adobe Photoshop Version: 10.0.1 (10.0.1×20071012 [20071012.r.1644 2007/10/12:09:30:00 cutoff; r branch])
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.4
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:15, Stepping:11 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2 Physical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 3221 MHz
Built-in memory: 4096 MB
Free memory: 1654 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 3072 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 69 %
Image cache levels: 6
Serial number: deleted
Application folder: Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Photoshop CS3: Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
Macintosh HD, 186.0G, 76.1G free
Primary Plug-ins folder: Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Photoshop CS3:Plug-Ins: Additional Plug-ins folder: not set

Installed plug-ins:

ADM 16.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3.app/Contents/Required/AdobeADM.bundle/”
Accented Edges 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
AltiVecCore 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Extensions/AltiVecCore.plugin/”
Angled Strokes 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Anti-aliased PICT 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Import:Export/Anti-Aliased PICT.plugin/”
Average 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Average.plugin/”
BMP 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats/BMP.plugin/” Bas Relief 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Camera Raw 175.8.0 – from the file “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin/”
Chalk & Charcoal 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Charcoal 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Chrome 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Cineon 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats/Cineon.plugin/”
Clouds 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Clouds.plugin/” Color Halftone 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Color Halftone.plugin/”
Colored Pencil 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
CompuServe GIF 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats/GIF.plugin/”
Contact Sheet II 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII.plugin/”
Conté Crayon 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Craquelure 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Crop and Straighten Photos 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Automate/CropPhotosAuto.plugin/”
Crop and Straighten Photos Filter 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/CropPhotos.plugin/”
Crosshatch 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Crystallize 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Crystallize.plugin/”
Cutout 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Dark Strokes 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
De-Interlace 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/De-Interlace.plugin/”
Difference Clouds 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Clouds.plugin/”
Diffuse Glow 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Displace 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Displace.plugin/”
Dry Brush 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Embed Watermark 100.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Digimarc/DigiSign.plugin/”
Enable Async I/O 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Extensions/Enable Async IO/Enable Async IO.plugin/”
Extract 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/ExtractPlus.plugin/”
Extrude 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Extrude.plugin/”
FastCore Routines 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Extensions/FastCore.plugin/”
Fibers 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Fibers.plugin/” Film Grain 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Filmstrip 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats/FilmStrip.plugin/”
Filter Gallery 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Fresco 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Generic EPS 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Parser/EPS Parser.plugin/”
Glass 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Glowing Edges 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Grain 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Graphic Pen 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
HDRMergeUI 1.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Automate/HDRMergeUI.plugin/”
Halftone Pattern 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Ink Outlines 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Effects/Filter Gallery.plugin/”
Lens Blur 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Lens Blur.plugin/”
Lens Correction 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Lens Correct.plugin/”
Lens Flare 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Lens Flare.plugin/”
Lighting Effects 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Lighting Effects.plugin/”
Liquify 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Liquify.plugin/”
MMXCore Routines 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Extensions/MMXCore.plugin/”
Matlab Operation NO VERSION – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/ChannelPort.plugin/”
Measurement Core 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Measurements/MeasurementCore.plugin/”
Mezzotint 0.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/Filters/Mezzotint.plugin/”
Mosaic Tiles 101.8.0 – from the file “/Applications/A
L
Lundberg02
Aug 24, 2008
Try Command S at the startup chime to repair your startup disk. That frequently is a cure for the weirds.
My AOL app used to do that for no reason and I think it quit after a disk repair.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections