JM
Posted By
Jonathan_Mahler
Dec 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all! Thanks in advance for the help…

I have been running photoshop 7.o for over a year now with minimal problems. Yesterday it went down on me. As it loads and the splashscreen pops up, whenever it gets to the point of veryfing fonts it just quits. I thought maybe the program became corrupt so I tried reinstalling only to get the same result. The only adjustment I have made to my comp was an update to my video card driver a few weeks back. I have used the program several times since though. Could that be the problem? ANy suggestions are greatly appreciated…

thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EA
Ed_A._Ortiz
Dec 6, 2003
Maybe you have too many fonts. I dunno that’s my two cents.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 6, 2003
Johnathan,

Several things to try:

1) Delete your Prefs file – Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List
2) Do a system-wide search for adobefnt*.LST files and delete all you find – They will be rebuilt as required.

If neither of those work, you may have just too many fonts active or just a single corrupt font which you will need to delete.

Isolate the problem font by removing half your fonts and seeing if the problem disappears. If it does load half of the remaining fonts etc. etc. This way you should be able to isolate the problem font.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2003
Len/Mat, perhaps your answer (#2) should be made into a FAQ topic. P’raps spelling out that final step a little more. Then we won’t have to type that over and over! 🙂

It could be called something like "PS stops loading or crashes after ‘Loading Font List’ appears on the splash screen".

Just a thought.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 6, 2003
It’s already there, dave…..though not in so many words…

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@25.MmtlbqScKoO.25 @.ef4fd7d
JM
Jonathan_Mahler
Dec 6, 2003
Deleting preferences worked. thanks much!
L
LenHewitt
Dec 6, 2003
You’re very welcome, Jonathan
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2003
oh… didn’t make the connetion on that one. thanks len.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections