EK
Posted By
Elmer_Keys
Apr 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After working with an image for awhile, when I put my cursor on a tool the hint box no longer displays the use for that tool. It remains on the last tool I was using prior to it stopping. Being new to Element I haven’t as yet memorized each tool use. Any solution would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 9, 2004
First try resetting the tools and see if that helps. There’s a small box at the far left of the Option Bar (the one right under the Adobe logo) Click on it and choose "Reset all Tools."

If that doesn’t work, try deleting the Elements preference folder: With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for (win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new preference folder will build as Elements continues to launch.

If neither of these correct the problem, repost and let us know.
EK
Elmer_Keys
Apr 10, 2004
Thank you Beth for your reply,however I tried both methods and neither one solved the problem. I’m using Win XP,256mb Ram,plenty of HD space. I’m at a loss for what is causing my problem.
JC
Jane_Carter
Apr 11, 2004
Hi Elmer, I had a similar problem with the Hints palette with GoLive 6. When I opened Hints, the cursor would disappear, the hints never showed up, and if I fooled around with it for a few minutes, the Mac would freeze up.
I installed it on all our 3 family Macs all using OS 9.2.2, and the problem existed on all of them. Then,,,,,,,,I got a new iMac with Panther, installed GoLive on it, and Hints worked. I never found the reason, but there must have been a conflict somewhere. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections