Posted By
Bob Hansen
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Group,
I’m working with CS3 and Photoshop3 in Win Vista. About every 10 minutes bridge stops working and closes. Windows searches for a solution but never finds one. Anyone else had this problem and found a way to resolve it? Any ideas will be appreciated.
Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FS
Fat Sam
May 17, 2007
Bob Hansen wrote:
Hi Group,
I’m working with CS3 and Photoshop3 in Win Vista. About every 10 minutes bridge stops working and closes. Windows searches for a solution but never finds one. Anyone else had this problem and found a way to resolve it? Any ideas will be appreciated.
Bob

My suggestion would be to switch from Vista to XP.
I’ve yet to hear reports of a reliable and stable installation of Vista.
S
SpaceGirl
May 19, 2007
Fat Sam wrote:
Bob Hansen wrote:
Hi Group,
Bob

We’ve started having issues with Bridge CS3 on our PCs now. On two different XP PCs, we need Bridge + PhotoShop + Illustrator + Flash + DreamWeaver open all day (part of our workflow). These machines are fat with memory (4gb) big CPUs etc etc. Anyway, bridge regularly "vanishes". It’s still there in task manager, but you cannot switch to it. You cannot re-start it from the toolbar in PhotoShop or Illustrator. Previously (CS2) this was fine. You end up having to kill the process…

As a side note this doesn’t happen on our Macs, which can happily have all of CS3 open smoothly.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

### future media, video, flash, animation @

# http://www.northleithmill.com

### music industry web & promotion @

# http://www.digitalharmony.co.uk

# Remove NO SPAM to email

# This message must not be reproduced anywhere but Usenet & GoogleGroups

# Copyright (c) digitalharmony
FS
Fat Sam
May 19, 2007
SpaceGirl wrote:
Fat Sam wrote:
Bob Hansen wrote:
Hi Group,
Bob

We’ve started having issues with Bridge CS3 on our PCs now. On two different XP PCs, we need Bridge + PhotoShop + Illustrator + Flash + DreamWeaver open all day (part of our workflow). These machines are fat with memory (4gb) big CPUs etc etc. Anyway, bridge regularly "vanishes". It’s still there in task manager, but you cannot switch to it. You cannot re-start it from the toolbar in PhotoShop or Illustrator. Previously (CS2) this was fine. You end up having to kill the process…
As a side note this doesn’t happen on our Macs, which can happily have all of CS3 open smoothly.

What’s your opinions of CS3 on the whole?
My main workflow is in restoring and reconstructing old damaged photos, for which I use CS2.
Do you reckon CS3 offers enough improvements or new features to make the upgrade worthwhile for someone in my position?

I’ve got to say in all honesty, I’ve never used bridge. I still use ACDSee as an file management tool.
R
Rob
May 19, 2007
Fat Sam wrote:

SpaceGirl wrote:

Fat Sam wrote:

Bob Hansen wrote:

Hi Group,
Bob

My main workflow is in restoring and reconstructing old damaged photos, for which I use CS2.
Do you reckon CS3 offers enough improvements or new features to make the upgrade worthwhile for someone in my position?

I’ve got to say in all honesty, I’ve never used bridge. I still use ACDSee as an file management tool.

Apart from other replies – I like CS3 also bridge – just some of the new things that now work. The desktop setup is better (for me).

Bridge ACR make a better work flow.

r
MR
Mike Russell
May 19, 2007
"Fat Sam" wrote in message
….

It is probably more of a jump in functionality than CS2 was.

Probably not worth it, frankly. I’d recommend you download the 30 day trial and see if you are attracted by the options.

I use ACDSee too. It’s lightning fast, keeps thumbnails of images that I’ve copied off to CD. Correct me (someone) if I’m wrong, but Bridge just doesn’t cut it – so far – because AFAIK it can’t keep track of offline images.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
S
SpaceGirl
May 19, 2007
Fat Sam wrote:

It’s fantastic… as I use a Mac 99% of the time, I don’t see the issues I’ve mentioned on the PCs in our studio (I refuse to use the PCs :P)

PhotoShop CS3, yes. For photo editors it has some VERY nice new features. The new selection tool is extremely good for very fast masking, which you can then finish up in quickmask mode. The new black and white mode is superb. I also adore the new menus and fold away palettes – I tend to work full screen (tab f f) with no controls, but with a quick move of the mouse all the new menus fold out for managing layers etc. Love it a lot.

Bridge is essential for me. It’s the central point for all my work; the new version is lightening fast and the new features (zoom+compare, stackable images) are very very useful… I’m already unsure how I ever worked without them, and I’ve only had it a few weeks!

As for the rest, well, these days I seem to be doing 20% video, 30% photoshop, 40% flash, 10% web development and CS3 changed my world 🙂 Illustrator CS3 is veryveryverynice, and now it works perfectly with Flash CS3, and the new AS3 language… everything is soooo shiny, I’m seriously enjoying my work right now!

CS3, IMO, is easily the best update to the suite since… well, since it became a suite!

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
P
Peter
Aug 14, 2007
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
CS3, IMO, is easily the best update to the suite since… well, since it became a suite!

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

I too generally like Bridge. Unfortunately, every so often it decides not to update thumbnails and I get blank rectangles on psd files. I saw some references to this problem on the Adobe site, but no real solutions. Has anyone here had this issue?

Peter

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections