JG
Posted By
Joy_Gwaltney
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help. I can’t figure out how to save a custom workspace, then assign it a keyboard shortcut. I’ve tried "menu" checkbox in workspace save, both before and after I’ve created a custom set of keyboard shortcuts. Any time I try to test the custom workspace by selecting "default workspace" I lose the custom keyboard set. How can I get the shortcuts to stick to a particular custom workspace? (I don’t remember this problem earlier, and in CS3 I’m going crazy. I’ve asked all my students to help figure it out- nothing.)

dense, confused, frustrated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Jul 23, 2008
I think the custom shortcuts are saved with the workspace, so it won’t work in the Default workspace.
JG
Joy_Gwaltney
Jul 23, 2008
It’s a chicken/egg problem: I save the workspace. I create a new set of keyboard shortcuts with a shortcut for the custom workspace. I go back and save the custom workspace over the same name with "palette location" and "keyboard shortcuts" checked.

I’m concluding that I should never test the new workspace/shortcut by choosing another of Photoshop’s listed custom workspaces – I lose the shortcut for my custom workspace.

Any way to make the shortcut stick?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 23, 2008
Try saving your Custom Shortcuts (into your Presets folder) with their own name — then you can reload that set at anytime within any workspace.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections