NS
Posted By
Nejat_Sassounes
Jan 22, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey I’m having a pretty annoying problem with Photoshop CS4 – one that I never had with Version 3 or earlier.

I usually like to unmap the shortcuts for Close Window (Cmd+W by default) and Quit Photoshop (Cmd+Q by default) because they can cause problems when you hit them on accident, or too quickly.

Like I said, this has worked fine for me in the past, but now in CS4, without any rhyme or reason, the Quit shortcut gets mapped to simply ‘Q’, which is REALLY bad. Reloading my custom workspace solves the problem, but I have to do this daily, which kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on how to right it?

Thanks,

Nejat

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 23, 2009
Illustrator has similar problem where remapping certain keyboard short cuts do not stick seemingly. But if you open the shortcuts dialog after relaunch then it returns. Could be related.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections