E
Posted By
Ellyk55
Mar 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some reason on my Photoshop CS3 Extended, the shortcuts mess up.

It’s probably me clicking something, but I don’t know what it is, because I’ve always done the same thing as before and it only just started happening recently.

What’s been happening is that whenever I want to use a tool like when you hit "Z" on the keyboard to activate the "Zoom Tool" it undos instead, like the "CTRL+Z" shortcut. Or if i want to use "P" for the "Pen Tool" it takes it as if i did "CTRL+P". But I didn’t even do CTRL+anything, I only hit that one key. What exactly is the problem? Do i need to re-install Photoshop?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 16, 2008
You need a new keyboard? you spilled tea on it?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 16, 2008
smack the keys around a little. repeatedly push the crtl keys hard a few times and see if that clears it.
E
Ellyk55
Mar 16, 2008
No i didnt spill anything. And im using a laptop…
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 16, 2008
Do i need to re-install Photoshop?

Does the problem only occur in Photoshop? If it occurs elsewhere leave PS alone and start checking your keyboard – a good blow-out with a compressed air spray can help, or remove and re-seat the offending keys.

If it is only in PS, reset your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

(You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.)

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 16, 2008
tap the control keys over and over "briskly" a few times. either one’s stuck or there’s a piece of gunk in there. try turning it over and shaking to see if anything falls out.
E
Ellyk55
Mar 16, 2008
it only happens in PS. I’ll try that out!
GA
George_Abulele
Apr 14, 2008
Greetings,

I have been trying to apply shortcuts commands on my Photoshop CS but it does not work ever since i installed the program on my system.

If i press Ctrl+Z or Ctrl+U it does not work until i click on the menu, and this is making my jobs to be slow cos i am used to shortcuts.

Please help me on how i can resolve this problems.

Thank you.

George
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 14, 2008
where did you purchase the application george? there a lots of "less-than-legitimate" copies floating around and the shortcut key problem MAY be indicative that you’ve gotten a copy of one.
M
mandrake2006
Apr 15, 2008
do have problems with my ctrl, alt and shft keys too. I can’t use them at the moment. i have to stroke the keys fast and at the same time to get effect!
M
mandrake2006
Apr 15, 2008
Forgot to say: it’s a legitimate version of photoshop cs3. this key issue plays also in ps cs2.
G
geethalakshmi
Apr 18, 2008
Hi

The below link will help you

<http://www.hiox.org/index.php?id=70>

Regards
Geetha
<http://www.asdfghjkl.in/>
M
mandrake2006
Apr 20, 2008
I disconnected the Wacom Volito tablet and the ctrl, shft and tab keys do work now.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections