Posted By
ristokalmre
Jul 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey there!

I have this strange problem I cannot figure out. Any advice would be highly aprecciated. I’m making a magazine in Indesign and when I export the pdf (or print postrcript file and distill the pdf) then the total area coverage of inks of the images are way over limit when I check it in Acrobat.
I have converted all the images from RGB to CMYK using correct profiles. I have several different papers in the magazine, so I used Fogra27 (300 total ink) for coated papers and custom Swop for uncoated paper (260 total ink).
Then I preflight the document in Indesign then it’s says all the ICC profiles are emedded in the images.
I even tried to export from Indesign with the overall color profile included. But it’s the same problem.

I cannot figure out why the images are still over limit?

Thanks a lot!
Risto

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 18, 2008
Well what profile does the Acrobat file have embedded? Sounds like you are doing a conversion upon creation.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jul 21, 2008
Which ones are over limit? Only the 260s or also the 300s? What are Your Indesign-Export-Settings?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections