Posted By
ristokalmre
Jul 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey there!

I have this strange problem I cannot figure out. Any advice would be highly aprecciated. I’m making a magazine in Indesign and when I export the pdf (or print postrcript file and distill the pdf) then the total area coverage of inks of the images are way over limit when I check it in Acrobat.
I have converted all the images from RGB to CMYK using correct profiles. I have several different papers in the magazine, so I used Fogra27 (300 total ink) for coated papers and custom Swop for uncoated paper (260 total ink).
Then I preflight the document in Indesign then it’s says all the ICC profiles are emedded in the images.
I even tried to export from Indesign with the overall color profile included. But it’s the same problem.

I cannot figure out why the images are still over limit?

Thanks a lot!
Risto

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 18, 2008
Well what profile does the Acrobat file have embedded? Sounds like you are doing a conversion upon creation.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jul 21, 2008
Which ones are over limit? Only the 260s or also the 300s? What are Your Indesign-Export-Settings?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections