Posted By
Paul_Tipton
Dec 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Merry Christmas Everyone

I have run into an odd problem with CS while selecting an object with the magnetic lasso. It doesn’t happen often, but in the process of selection, the screen goes to white and I have to click and start over. I have made sure that there are no other programs running while in photoshop and have disconnected all external drives. I would like to know if this is a photoshop issue before I start the process of eliminating possible conflicting software.

OS Windows XP. Sony Vaio, 2.4 P4, 120 GBHD, 1GHZ Ram, C82 Epson Printer, 2450 Epson Scanner.

Much Appreciation and Happy New Year.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 25, 2003
I would be wondering about video drivers. Are yours that latest from the video manufacturer?
PT
Paul_Tipton
Dec 25, 2003
It came with the computer when I bought it a year ago. Nvidia Gforce4 MX 440. I never had this problem with PS 7.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 25, 2003
I never had this problem with PS 7.

That’s a different program. (Like you didn’t know that! 🙂 ) As Colin says, check for updated drivers at the mfgr’s web site.

dave
PT
Paul_Tipton
Dec 25, 2003
OK, unobservent me. No, I haven’t upgraded. I’ll do that.

Thanks for your reply.
PT
Paul_Tipton
Dec 25, 2003
Colin

Installed the upgrade. After 10 selections, so far so good. Thanks much for your help.
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 25, 2003
Fingers crossed. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 25, 2003
agreed!
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 25, 2003
Dave:

You, like me, should get a life! 🙂
Season’s greetings!
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 25, 2003
In here for smoke breaks every other hour or so. Got a full house with relatives from both sides today and it’s nice to come in here for 5 mins and regain some sanity.

Peace of the season to you and yours Colin! 🙂

dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections