B
Posted By
bmoag
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can post this message with Vista but that’s about it. Photoshop will run but there are no drivers for my monitor calibrator, scanner or printer. Some printer/scanner functions work with XP drivers but not all. Nikon NX, my current raw converter of choice, does not run in Vista. Hence I can do nothing useful in Vista.
Even the Mactel includes a kludge emulator so that programs and drivers written for the preintel OS will work, sort of.
Not Microsoft.
None of the manufacturers or software publishers I have contacted (including Nikon, X-rite and others) will give any specifics about Vista support, although presumably they will have to support Vista eventually. This for an OS that is due in the stores in less than two months.
Ergo it would behoove anyone who reads this to save the money they would spend on Vista and put it toward something useful.
If you do get Vista under no circumstances should you install it as an upgrade. You have been warned. The current public beta, which supposedly is essentially the final code (this comes from Microsoft employees on the Vista support newsgroups), has no roll-back to XP option.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 2, 2006
"bmoag" wrote in message
I can post this message with Vista but that’s about it. Photoshop will run but there are no drivers for my monitor calibrator, scanner or printer. Some printer/scanner functions work with XP drivers but not all. Nikon NX, my current raw converter of choice, does not run in Vista. Hence I can do nothing useful in Vista.
Even the Mactel includes a kludge emulator so that programs and drivers written for the preintel OS will work, sort of.
Not Microsoft.
None of the manufacturers or software publishers I have contacted (including Nikon, X-rite and others) will give any specifics about Vista support, although presumably they will have to support Vista eventually. This for an OS that is due in the stores in less than two months. Ergo it would behoove anyone who reads this to save the money they would spend on Vista and put it toward something useful.
If you do get Vista under no circumstances should you install it as an upgrade. You have been warned. The current public beta, which supposedly is essentially the final code (this comes from Microsoft employees on the Vista support newsgroups), has no roll-back to XP option.

Never buy the first release of anything 😉

MH

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections