M
Posted By
mcadkstar
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! Have somehow lost the standard cursors for both paintng and other cursors. The precise cursor (crosshairs)displays instead of paint bucket, brushes, eyedropper, etc, icons. Have gone to Preferences>Display and Cursors to change settings, with no effect.

Any guidance on this is appreciated.

mca

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 3, 2004
Even though this is the Elements forum, I might know this one. Is your caps lock key on?
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 3, 2004
Caps Lock was my first guess, but if that’s not it try deleting the Preference folder. I think it can be done the same way in both programs.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down simultaneously until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will rebuild as PS continues to launch.
M
mcadkstar
Apr 3, 2004
Thanks everyone! Deleting the Preference folder did the trick!

Have a great weekend!

mca
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 3, 2004
Just don’t let the word spread that we here on the Elements forum can sometimes successfully troubleshoot for Big Brother! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 3, 2004
ya….we are so not hip….NOT !!!

we rock, we roll…with the best of ’em !
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 4, 2004
Sssshhhhhh…..don’t let ’em hear! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections