Posted By
Phosphor
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey,

I have Photoshop 6.0.1, and I’ve tried to uninstall it. Uninstalling works fine, but then I look in the Start Menu, All Programs, and a lot of the icons (shortcuts) for my programs are missing. I have WinXP.

I found out that the ones that are missing are the shortcuts located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Start Menu\Programs. All the shortcuts in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs are still there.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it? Any ideas how to manually uninstall Photoshop?

(I’ve already tried reinstalling Photoshop 6 into the same location, but the shortcut icons in the menu still disappear afterward.)

Thanks for your help!
Ally

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave milbut
Jul 23, 2003
are they hidden? do you have xp set to show only the most recently used programs in the start menu? classic or new xp mode start menu?
P
Phosphor
Jul 24, 2003
Thanks for the response!

I don’t really know if they’re hidden, but the icons that are gone are in the ‘All Programs’ menu in the ‘Start’ menu. What do you mean by ‘hidden’?

Yes, I have the most recently used programs in the start menu. I have the new xp mode for the start menu.

The thing is, I can use ‘System Restore’ to restore to an earlier point. When I do this, I get the icons back, but Photoshop 6.0.1 is still there. There seems to be no way to uninstall 6.0.1 harmlessly.
P
Phosphor
Jul 25, 2003
okay i got it to work.. reply if you want me to explain how

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections