AR
Posted By
alan_ruta
Jan 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I print using the Velvet Fine Art paper from photoshop I have no problem. The paper is very thick so it to in the secondary paper feed behind the primary one. I need to select "Letter-Roll paper" (or something like that) in the page setup and then I’ve able to select the Velvet Fine Art paper in the print settings.

However when I try to do the same via ID CS1 or CS2 whenever I make the correct paper feed selection it always bounces back to "letter" and the primary feed. I’m not at the office now so I don’t have the exact naming. Since I can’t select the proper paper path the Velvet Fine Art option is greyed out in the print settings dialogue.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of bug in ID. It works so well in photosop.

alan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jan 26, 2007
Did you try the InDesign forum?
AR
alan_ruta
Jan 26, 2007
Well doh, yes I tried the ID forum and haven’t gotten an answer there yet so I figured I’d since some people print from photoshop and ID I’d try here also.

I’m also in a dialogue with Epson trying to figure this out. I’ll take an answer whereever I can get it.

alan
PC
Paul_Cutler
Jan 26, 2007
OT alan ruta but how do you like that paper? I need to make some paper buying decisions…

peace
AR
alan_ruta
Jan 26, 2007
Hi Paul,

We just received the Velvet FIne Art and are also ordering some paper similar to what Kodak approvals use (for two differing purposes).

After I work out this problem I will do more extensive proofing and let you know what I can.

I have printed a few fine art reproductions via photoshop on the Velvet Paper and they look beautiful–but I’ve only done a few.

alan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections