RR
Posted By
robert_remme
Jan 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a very difficult time getting color matched prints with CS4 and my R2880 Epson printer. I had no issues with CS3. I have tried every combination available to me and I get very drab almost browinsh prints. I have the latest drivers and also have upgraded to Vista, no change there at all. I am using the proper ICC profiles as well. Anyone else with similar problems? Any solutions? It is very frustrating. Thanks, Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CF
chris_farrell
Jan 8, 2009
Before I had my custom profile made…I had a similar issue.

On my epson 3800 I would only get good prints if I select ‘Let photoshop manage colour’, turn off colour management in the printer driver and then select THE PRINTER PROFILE…in my case it would be ‘Epson 3800 3800c 3880’ from the printer profile drop down.

If I try aRGB, paper profiles etc the print would be way too dark and muddy, like it’s double profiling…..much ink and paper wasted before I worked that one out…I hope it helps.
RR
robert_remme
Jan 11, 2009
This helped, thank you.
CF
chris_farrell
Jan 11, 2009
cool
XH
Xanthe_Hutchinson
Mar 14, 2009
Hi,
I have just bought the R2880 and when printing from Photoshop CS4 prints are really dark with some colours ridiculously over-saturated.

I read something about downloading a plug-in but unsure from where and how?

This is my first printer and I have no clue what to do as i’m really inexperienced in these matters! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, (in lay-mans terms though!)

Many thanks, Xanthe
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Mar 15, 2009
Xanthe, the basic settings which should give you a good result are as follows. In CS4 click Print…, if necessary choose your printer from the drop-down box, under Color Management select Printer manages Colors. Select Page Set-up, in the printer dialog box choose the media type, for Mode select custom, Color Controls, Advanced, then Epson Standard, Gamma = 1.8. Then print.

This is assuming you are using Epson Papers. There are lots of other adjustments to try but these are a good start if you are new to this.

Geoff.
RP
Russell_Proulx
Mar 15, 2009
I have an Epson R280 on my desk and just did a test printing the same image with CS4/Vista64, CS4/XP, and again with CS3/XP. All three prints used the Epson supplied paper profile and the colour management settings were all set the same.

The results are identical.

I suspect there’s a wrong setting somewhere:

– wrong profile being used

– not disabling printer colour management

– wrong paper setting or printing on the wrong side of the paper

I can’t imagine why the results would be any different from one version of PS to another.
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 15, 2009
Like Russell I have always disabled printer colour management.
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Mar 15, 2009
Russell and John, I was replying to Xanthe who asked a new question in an old post, her question was not the same as the original post. She says "This is my first printer and I have no clue what to do as i’m really inexperienced in these matters!" So my reply took this into consideration. I agree it is better to turn off printer color management and use paper profiles but my instructions would be easier for a novice to use.
RP
Russell_Proulx
Mar 15, 2009
Oops… missed posting 2 where the OP’s question was resolved..

I was going to add that clogged printer heads can also cause colours to go whacky.

never mind 😉
XH
Xanthe_Hutchinson
Mar 16, 2009
Hi Geoff,
trying out your tips now and it looks good ( I couldn’t see any ‘Mode’ in print dialogue box in order to adjust custom, colour controls-advanced etc though?)

Thanks for your help!

Xanthe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections