Posted By
Silly__V
Jan 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I would greatly appreciate some guidance on how to get my jpeg photos to look good both on Mac and Windows. They look great on Mac but when I boot into Windows they look dull and have a strong blue cast.

I have tried saving both from Photoshop>Export for Web, and also as Imageready optimized gif w/ same results.

I would prefer saving files as jpeg since they are much smaller than gif. Is there any secret to getting decent color on both platforms, or do I have make some kind of color correction compromise?

Your tips very much appreciated!!!
Thanks,
V

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Jan 16, 2007
Calibrate your PC monitor.
S
Silly__V
Jan 16, 2007
Yes that would seem obvious…but since the website will be viewed by regular non-designer type people, I need it to look good on the average joe’s monitor…not a designer’s calibrated monitor.

So far the best solution I have come up with is a compromise color correction that is reasonably close to acceptable color although a bit too magenta on the PC side and a bit too green on the Mac side…

Thanks for your reply!!
V
GB
g_ballard
Jan 16, 2007
deliver correct balanced color in the sRGB colorspace (and forget about bad monitors)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections