W
Posted By
wistful
Jan 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not able to drag and drop images of any kind from Vista Business Windows Explorer into Photoshop CS3. Is there a known fix for this? I am already running the application as Administrator.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 6, 2008
What happens when you try? I have no problem doing this with Vista.

Bob
W
wistful
Jan 6, 2008
When I try, it just shows the little black circle with a slanted line through it. It is some sort of security issue, I think.
PS
Paula_St._Peter_-_Travis
Jan 6, 2008
Robert,

Here’s what I’ve discovered through trial and error. Because Photoshop CS3 has problems with the AutoFX plugins not loading, I had to change security on the plugins folder and also on Photoshop itself. I had to do the same with Corel’s PSP Photo X2. Well, in the course of that happening, something unknown happened and now Windows Explorer wants to be run in Administrative mode in order to permit drag and drop into the applications. Sheesh, I really don’t know what Microsoft is trying to prove with all this nonsense. I don’t understand much of any of it.

Paula
I
ImJohn
May 12, 2008
PSP – Travis,

I’m having the same problem. I get the same result, a circle with a line through it. I’ve tried running CS3 in the Administrators mode, but that doesn’t help. Has anyone found a way around this problem? I didn’t have this problem with CS3 on my old XP system.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections