Hello. How do I remove filter layers from my stack in PS…?

GF
Posted By
Gillian_Frances_Keeley
Jan 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello.

How do I remove filter layers from my stack in PS…?
I can see how to make them invisible, but I can’t figure out to clear a filter layer once it’s redundant.
I don’t want to keep in in the stack unwanted and not doing anything! Thank you for any advice.

Kind reagrds
Gill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 13, 2007
What version? Where are these Filter Layers?

In general in Photoshop any palette with a stack has a trash icon at the bottom that allows you to delete. I don’t have CS2, but I have to admit I have not heard of Filter Layers.
GF
Gillian_Frances_Keeley
Jan 13, 2007
Hi Ed…
O I’ve been working too hard this week…! Of course drag it into the bin. I call the layers which carry the filter effects in the layer pallettes filter layers, but perhaps they’re not a layer at all. They’re distinct from the other layers though aren’t they?
Thanks Ed, sorry to be dozy.
Gill
B
Bernie
Jan 13, 2007
I call the layers which carry the filter effects in the layer pallettes filter layers,

I’m like Ed on this one, never heard of filter layers either

What version of PS do you have?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 13, 2007
Maybe you are talking about Layer Styles?
S
SteveV
Jan 14, 2007
Adjustment Layers.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jan 14, 2007
Smart Filters – Photoshop CS3

Gillian, you’re in the wrong forum. Try: the beta forum < http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm? forumid=72&catid=626&entercat=y>
R
Ram
Jan 15, 2007
Only Gillian knows what she means…
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 15, 2007
Sounds like she got it solved anyway.
I
iSteveV
Jan 16, 2007
<Homer> Or did she…. ?</Homer>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections