GK
Posted By
Gary_Kohl
Nov 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the status of compatability of Photoshop CS2 and Windows Vista?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Nov 16, 2006
Hit or miss. I’ve got it running here quite nicely on a test machine, but I’m not a power user. There have been some reports of issues. Search the forum but note that anything posted was with the use of a Vista beta or RC1.

I think you’ll need to wait for the final release before you hear anything official from Adobe.

Bob
DR
Dark Rayden
Nov 19, 2006
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:48:42 -0800, wrote:

What is the status of compatability of Photoshop CS2 and Windows Vista?

Fuck Vista. Nobody needs that shit.

R
DW
Diane_Wilson
Nov 22, 2006
I’m not a power user either, but I do have the release Vista system installed, and Photoshop is running pretty well. The only glitch I’ve seen is that doing almost anything causes the window frame to go from Aero to Vista Basic, but it doesn’t interfere with anything (or with other apps) and really isn’t a big deal. Performance seems very good, although be aware that Vista uses more memory than XP.

The only hassle was installation. On Vista, the CS2 upgrade installer will not detect a previous version of Photoshop already installed. If you also have only DVD drives and no CD-only drives, the previously known problem of not recognizing installation media still exists… and you’ll be calling Adobe for an unlocking code during installation. Be sure your copy is registered; that will reduce the hassle factor.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections