Compare Pics?: Acdsee/PS won’t use mult windows from it’s own browser?

E
Posted By
easynews
Sep 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I just want to browse thumbnail images in ACDSee, and then select a few, that each might open in it’s own window that I may compare all the pictures.

But it just won’t do it. I am amazed. I would think many people would want to compare various versions of pictures and would want a few side by side, but dang if I can find an app to do it.

Sure…I can go all the way back to windows explorer and open up an acdsee instance, then repeat. But must it be done this way?

Thanks for your input!!!!

Love,

Molly

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
Littleboy
Sep 2, 2003
Hope this will get close to what you wanna do:

ACDSee: Shift-doubleClick an image and it will open in it’s own ACDSee instance

Photoshop 7: open two (or more) images and choose Window / Documents / Tile.

Greets

Littleboy

"Molly" wrote in message
Hello,

I just want to browse thumbnail images in ACDSee, and then select a few, that each might open in it’s own window that I may compare all the pictures.

But it just won’t do it. I am amazed. I would think many people would want to compare various versions of pictures and would want a few side by side, but dang if I can find an app to do it.

Sure…I can go all the way back to windows explorer and open up an acdsee instance, then repeat. But must it be done this way?

Love,

Molly
M
Manticore
Sep 2, 2003
I use Acdsee’s Mpowertools or Picaview add on program to get a thumbnail when I right click an image, clicking on the thumbnail in the menu brings up a full size of the image and can be repeated as many times as you like, makes for comparing images easy I use this method alot. But using Acdsee’s thumbnails and right clicking you need to go into tools/options and alter the rightclick menu back to Windows Explorer type menu for this to work a breeze within Acdsee.

"Littleboy" wrote in message
Hope this will get close to what you wanna do:

ACDSee: Shift-doubleClick an image and it will open in it’s own ACDSee instance

Photoshop 7: open two (or more) images and choose Window / Documents /
Tile.
Greets

Littleboy

"Molly" wrote in message
Hello,

Love,

Molly

M
MJ
Sep 2, 2003
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:08:33 GMT, Molly
wrote:

Hello,

Love,

Molly

I’ve been using an early version of Firehand Ember (3.8) for years now as it’s an excellent picture viewer and you can open multiple pictures from the thumbnail browser for side by side comparison. I tried a couple of the latest (trial) versions (6.something) over the past few months but they are bugged in that these pictures opened for comparison keep closing after a while whenever new pictures are opened. I’ve tried communicating with Firehand to report this but unless you have bought the full version they block any communication and won’t respond to emails. Companies like this will not get any money out of me. But if you can find an earlier version, I’d recommend giving it a go.

MJ
H
Hecate
Sep 3, 2003
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:08:33 GMT, Molly
wrote:

Hello,

Love,

Molly

Thumbsplus (www.cerious.com) has a compare on the right click menu which does this nicely.

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)
J
JunkMonkey
Sep 3, 2003
In ACDSee 5 Follow this menu path to do what you want.
|Activities|Manage|Browse|

This will instantly open a new instance of ACDSee allowing you to view Photos side by side.

This has an added advantage that both views have full functionality, allowing you to "tweak" one Photo to bring it into line with the other photo. Of course, you can do this as many times as your memory will allow. Allowing you to do side-by-side comparisons of as many photos as you like.

"Molly" wrote in message
Hello,

Love,

Molly
K
Kristy
Oct 3, 2003
I HIGHLY recommend ACDSee’s mPower Tools for this functionality.

"Molly" wrote in message
Hello,

Love,

Molly
PF
Paul Furman
Oct 7, 2003
I select the group then scroll back & forth with the middle wheel of the mouse to compare. Or open them in separate instances of Irfanview by selecting a group in explorer.

"Molly" wrote in message

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections