P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A few weeks ago, I bought a new NEC-Mitsubishi MultiSync LCD 1765 monitor. Awesome hardware!

After that I got new Epson scanner with Photoshop elements 2.0. Great combination!

Today I went to Microsoft Windows Update and among the updates was one titled "NEC-Mitsubishi monitor software update release on April 08, 2003". After rebooting, I started PhotoShop Elements 2.0 as usual and now I get a pop-up that says "The monitor profile appeasr to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software."

Well, OK. So I go to c:\program files\common files\adobe\calibration and run "Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" and NOTHING HAPPENS! It just exits. No error message, no prompt, no nothing.

I can temporarily get around this problem by just "Ignore profile" in the PhotoShop Elements pop-up, but that means there is no profile for my display.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent bertram
Sep 23, 2003
I’d suggest going to c:\winnt\system32/spool/drivers/color, and deleting the profile in question. Then reboot, and try running the Adobe Gamma Utility again. Maybe you’ll get lucky here. You might also try searching for "Adobe Gamma.cpl " and running it using the "right click" technique of "open with control panel" . Reinstalling Elements might also straighten it out, but I wouldn’t bet on it <G> .

🙂

Brent
P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
Thanks, Brent. Deleting "nl1765.icm" solved the startup pop-up on Elements. Then the profile builder ran fine. I was not able to find the profile that was broken. Thanks again.

Reid Sayre
BB
brent bertram
Sep 24, 2003
Happy Solution ! <G>

🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections