HV
Posted By
harmony_villandry
Dec 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a iMac with Mac OS X Version 10.4.6 processor 1.83 GHz intel core duo. Memory:2GB DDR2 SDRAM Startup disk :Macintosh HD. I have Adobe photoshop CS version 8.0 (8.0×119). when i try to open a RAW image by dragging out of the file on my desktop with a CR2 or NEF raw file captured in Adobe 1998 in camera. i get a message reading "could not complete you request because i is not the right kind of document" this started about a week ago. i reinstalled the program and the same is still happening. Now if i try a file that i took a year ago in CRW it opens fine? i’ve tried to open from image ready i get a message reading "could not complete this operation. this is an unknown file format." trying both the NEF and CRW andCR2. i’m a student and next week is my last week of school in need to get this working ASAP so any help is needed. thank you all that try.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
John McWilliams
Dec 13, 2006
wrote:
I have a iMac with Mac OS X Version 10.4.6 processor 1.83 GHz intel core duo. Memory:2GB DDR2 SDRAM Startup disk :Macintosh HD. I have Adobe photoshop CS version 8.0 (8.0×119). when i try to open a RAW image by dragging out of the file on my desktop with a CR2 or NEF raw file captured in Adobe 1998 in camera. i get a message reading "could not complete you request because i is not the right kind of document" this started about a week ago. i reinstalled the program and the same is still happening. Now if i try a file that i took a year ago in CRW it opens fine? i’ve tried to open from image ready i get a message reading "could not complete this operation. this is an unknown file format." trying both the NEF and CRW andCR2. i’m a student and next week is my last week of school in need to get this working ASAP so any help is needed. thank you all that try.

Are these RAW files from a more recent camera than the earlier ones which still work? Do you have the most recent version of Camera Raw for your version of CS?

If the above doesn’t work, you can convert via the trial beta version of Adobe Lightroom. Free for a few more months.

John McWilliams
R
Ram
Dec 13, 2006
Harmony,

"CR2" or "NEF" file tells us NOTHING. It depends on the specific camera model used to generate the file and whether that camera model is supported by ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) 2.4, which is the most advanced version of ACR you can use with Photoshop 8 ("CS").

If the camera is not supported by ACR 2.4, then you also need the stand-alone Adobe DNG Converter 3.6 to convert your files to DNG files that can in turn be opened in ACR 2.4 hosted by Photoshop CS.

Please read the FAQs at the Adobe Camera Raw forum and post there if you have further questions.

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
KH
Kathleen_Hird_Kostner
Dec 17, 2006
I shoot professionally with the Kodak DCS645M ProBack tethered to the G4. It crashed last week, and we replaced it with the MacBook Pro w/ Intel duo. We are using Mac version Photoshop CS. The entire system works fine on the existing dual processor G5. However with the new computer, Kodak’s Camera Manager (which we use to control the camera and download images as we shoot in the studio) when connected to the camera by firewire will not find the camera. Nor can I open the any new captured raw images (.dcr file ext) in Photoshop CS. All images currently in Photoshop open just fine. The DCS 645 M Proback has been discontinued and is no longer showing as supported on the Camera Raw Lists.

Will CS2 allow me to "see the camera?" and the images? Why does this entire system work perfectly on the G5, with all the exact same software, and not the MacBook Pro?
I have added to the plug-in folder:camera raw 2.4, Adobe DNG (and cannot see any images), and have downloaded all the DCS files from Kodak for the proback.

I appreciate any input, or to whom I might call for support on this matter to get my studio up and running again.

Kathy
B
Buko
Dec 17, 2006
Camera RAW Plugin 2.4 needs to be in the file format folder.

Restart Photoshop.

You will get much better camera RAW help in the Camera RAW Forum.
R
Ram
Dec 17, 2006
Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections