I
Posted By
iphilcj
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recently installed Photoshop CS ver 8.0. Whenever I open multiple images, that last image of the group is opened on top of the firsst image in the workspace. How do I change the necessary settings to be able to see image #1, 2, 3, 4…26? Instead of seeing image #26, 1,2,3…25?

This is really a problem when creating a Contact sheet. Is there a way to adust the order on the contact sheet?

Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GK
George King
May 19, 2005
wrote in message
I have recently installed Photoshop CS ver 8.0. Whenever I open multiple images, that last image of the group is opened on top of the firsst image in the workspace. How do I change the necessary settings to be able to see image #1, 2, 3, 4…26? Instead of seeing image #26, 1,2,3…25?
This is really a problem when creating a Contact sheet. Is there a way to adust the order on the contact sheet?

Thank you

Can’t tell about 8.0, but in PS v7, it depends on how you select the multiple files – the last is always on top. If you select multiples by clicking on a file, then shift-clicking on a file lower on the list (the way I imagine most of us do it), the last file will be on top – as you described. On the other hand, if you select "backwards", that is, select the last file you want, then shift-click on the first file you want (higher in the list), the files will come out in the order you want them in (highest file in list on top).

George King
G.E. King Marketing

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections