DR
Posted By
D_Rob_Curtis
Nov 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My images started opening with a grid over them. I found that extras is checked and the keys for it is Control H. Unchecking it makes no difference. Files keep opening with the grid, and I do Control H to get rid of it.

When I make a selection and want to hide the outline, I have to press Control H twice as the first time applies this grid again and then the second hides both.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Nov 29, 2006
I’m not sure why you have to press Ctrl-H twice, but I believe the solution is to go to View>Show and uncheck the items you don’t want to show.
DR
D_Rob_Curtis
Nov 29, 2006
Everything in VIEW is unchecked except rulers (which this isn’t). But on opening anything, extras rechecks itself and results in the grid. C-H unchecks it. But after that, if I make a selection whose edges I want to hide, then C-H brings back the grid, and then C-H a second time hides both the grid and the selection border.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Nov 29, 2006
Yeah, but did you go to View>Show? You may have missed that part.
DR
D_Rob_Curtis
Nov 29, 2006
Aha! Thanks much. That did it.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Nov 29, 2006
Ahh, another satisfied customer! Would the rest of you form a double line at the forum window, please. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections