MY
Posted By
M_Yde
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got Photoshop Elements 2.0 and when I try to send an email I get a box that wants all this info filled in:

name (this part I know)
email address (ditto)
incoming mail server (what do I put here?)
type (either POP or IMAP – which is it?)
username (this I know)
password (ditto)
Outgoing mail server (what do I put here?)

Can anyone help? I tried going online to aol but their live help is down.

thanks,
mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 23, 2004
I know how to set this up for other email programs, but I have a sneaking feeling you might not be able to configure the AOL mail to do this. However:

incoming mail server: mail.aol.com

most likely POP, but if that doesn’t work, switch to IMAP and see what happens

outgoing mail server is either smtp.aol.com or (for my ISP) mail.aol.com, here again, try one and if it does work, try the other.

I heard recently that even the newest version of AOL won’t allow itself to become the default for Elements, but that’s second hand info. You may have to resort to help from AOL.

Good luck!
JL
Jim Lloyd
Feb 23, 2004
wrote in message
I just got Photoshop Elements 2.0 and when I try to send an email I get a
box that wants all this info filled in:
name (this part I know)
email address (ditto)
incoming mail server (what do I put here?)
type (either POP or IMAP – which is it?)
username (this I know)
password (ditto)
Outgoing mail server (what do I put here?)

Can anyone help? I tried going online to aol but their live help is down.
thanks,
mike

To the best of my knowledge, AOL does not support a POP mail program. Their email is a web-based only email program. If these terms are alien to you, do a little research on POP3 email protocol. (I know this isn’t much help, but POP3 is a bit of a lengthy discussion.) Suffice to say: I don’t think you can do it on AOL. The easiest way around this is to save your image as a jpeg and then send it as an attatchment using AOL’s email program.

If anybody knows of a way to use POP3 email on AOL please let me know. I have several friends that use AOL and would like to use POP3.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections