How do I use setup.iss to make a silent install of Photoshop 7.0?

MA
Posted By
Mattias_Ahlin
Feb 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I have seen here on the forum that I’m supposed to be able to use a setup.iss file to do a silent installation of Photoshop.

I start the installation by typing setup.exe -r and when the installation is done I have got the file setup.iss in C:\windows.

But then how do I use that file?

I have tried everything I could think of like putting the setup.iss file in the directory where I have copied the installation files to. I have also copied it into C:\windows and c:\windows\system32. Then I try to start the installation in different ways but they all fail – in fact the installation never starts. I have tried setup.exe /s, setup.exe -s, setup.exe -s c:\windows, setup.exe -s c:\windows\setup.iss and so on.

How am I supposed to do?

Regards,
Mattias Ahlin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AB
Andreas_B
Feb 17, 2004
Move your, with Setp.exe -r generated Setup.iss file to a place in your LAN (\\YourServer\AbdobeSource). After this run the Setup.exe with Parameter -s

F.e. in a batch file:

everything in one line!!!!

\\YourServer\AbdobeSource\Setup.exe -s -f1\\YourServer\AbdobeSource\Setup.iss -f2C:\Temp\Adobe.log

In the adobe.log you get a responscode it shows you how installation has been.

Greetings

Andreas Bünder
MA
Mattias_Ahlin
Feb 17, 2004
Hi,
I tried
d:\photoshop\setup.exe -s -f1c:\temp\setup.iss -f2c:\temp\setup.log all in one line but setup return after just a few seconds and I only get the following response in the log-file:

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v5.00.000
File=Log File
[ResponseResult]
ResultCode=-3

Any ideas?

Regards,
Mattias

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections