R
Posted By
ravEdog
Nov 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been playing around in PS since ver 1.x and never really did much with it – however – I want to dive in. That being said, I want to start with Color Management and Color Correction first. I have been taking photos for years but want to enter the digital workspace. I’ve let them all pile up because I don’t feel i have the requisite skills to begin the process (fear). The goal is total mastery (if there is such a thing) of color (and the various other channel schemes).

I don;t too well with books – learn more by doing with real world but I’ll settle with books if they really do teach things well and aren’t too clinical.

The reason I want to try this path is that most everything i want to do at this point just involves being able to take digital images, get them onscreen, tweek their tonal qualities, color correct/and color casts, etc, and then output them (for whatever target) and feel confident that I’m going about it the right way. The rest will follow.

Thanx all in advance.

g.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Nov 22, 2006
CLICK HERE < http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS2-Classroom-Book/dp/ 0321321847/sr=8-1/qid=1164179660/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3358363 -3416118?ie=UTF8&s=books> There’s no magic shortcut, alas!

Asking this question in a forum while saying you’d prefer to do it without books is like asking how to design a thin-film chromatographer without knowing a thing about chemistry or electronics.

Start with the above book (CIB) and then go on to Real World Color Management by Fraser et al.
R
ravEdog
Nov 22, 2006
what i should have said was… " a lot of books are dry and clinical and not applicable (i.e. this command does this, this command does that… as opposed to going on about the thought process behind the technique – THOSE i can understand." so what i should have asked was what experiences have people had with using books on this topic….

And I’m not looking for shortcuts – just targetted parts of PS right now – so i can build up the skills.

I’ll peek at your suggestion . Thanx!!!

PS – thin-film chromatography??? Pft! Piece o’ cake! LOL
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Nov 22, 2006
The goal is total mastery (if there is such a thing)

There is not.

there is only practical uses for general success. Critical color? forget it. it’s too complicated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections