Posted By
splatter
Jul 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get this error message whenever I run PhotoShop:

Could not load the Multiprocessor Support module because it does not work with this version of PhotoShop.
[OK]

I’ve just installed it on a new system:

WindowsXP Pro, x64 Edition, SP1
Using 2 Intel Xeon 3.00ghz CPUs
2gb of RAM

I see that CS had multiprocessor issues and used a multiprocessor plugin, will I need to do the same with CS2?

Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Jul 29, 2006
You will get that error if you have copied your plugins from a previous version to the CS2 Plugins folder or pointed the additional plugins folder to a previous version’s plugin folder.
S
splatter
Jul 29, 2006
Thanks Len.

My install is fresh, and I have not copied any plugins.

I did sniff around and find a multiprocessor plugin in the \Plugins\Extensions folder. I safely disabled it by adding characters to the file extension (just in case I need to bring it back).

I don’t know if this will solve the issue or create others.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 30, 2006
I don’t know if this will solve the issue or create others.<<

Well, it will slow down Photoshop somewhat, since you will only be using one processor. I don’t think it should cause any additional problems though.
S
splatter
Jul 30, 2006
Pierre,

Thanks for the link.

I did a couple searches before posting my question (like every good poster should) and I didn’t find that thread.

I haven’t tried the workarounds posted there yet, but I will today.

Thanks!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 31, 2006
Disabling the plug-in by putting a tilde in front of its name is your best solution for the moment.

If you do not use other programs that might benefit from Hyperthreading, disabling it in the bios might allow you to activate the multiprocessor plug-in, and you’d then use Photoshop with 4 processors, instead of 1 if you have the plug-in disabled.
S
splatter
Aug 1, 2006
Pierre,

After following your link, I installed and am using the TaskAssign program. It works well and gives me the use of as many processors as PS can handle. The only problem is remembering to have it running before I open PS.

I hope we see a fix to this issue soon.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections