J
Posted By
josmith
Jul 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Three of us in my company are having the same problem. We are not using CS, however we each have upgrade copies of 7.01. We’ve discovered that if we disconnet the network cable, Photoshop 7.01 starts without a hitch. When we are connected to the network the problem discribed by wbm01 occurs. On another forum (adobe.photoshop.windows) it was suggested that deleteing the "prefs" files would fix the probelm. I deleted that file along with all the other files in the directory and the problem stilll exists. (When I unplug the network cable all of the deleted files are regenerated as Photoshop starts.)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

"wbm" wrote in message
This morning, and magically, Photoshop CS (on WINXP) won’t start up, I
don’t
even get the splash screen, and here’s what I see in the task manager. ImageReady starts fine. I’ve reinstalled CS and the problem persists. ANyone had something like this happened?
THX
will

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
josmith
Jul 12, 2004
Here’s an addendum. It appears that Photoshop is eventually opening – after waiting for 10 to 15 minutes. That puts a small dent in productiivity.

"John W. Smith" wrote in message
Three of us in my company are having the same problem. We are not using
CS,
however we each have upgrade copies of 7.01. We’ve discovered that if we disconnet the network cable, Photoshop 7.01 starts without a hitch. When
we
are connected to the network the problem discribed by wbm01 occurs. On another forum (adobe.photoshop.windows) it was suggested that deleteing
the
"prefs" files would fix the probelm. I deleted that file along with all
the
other files in the directory and the problem stilll exists. (When I unplug the network cable all of the deleted files are regenerated as Photoshop starts.)

"wbm" wrote in message
don’t
even get the splash screen, and here’s what I see in the task manager. ImageReady starts fine. I’ve reinstalled CS and the problem persists. ANyone had something like this happened?
THX
will

W
wbm
Jul 13, 2004
I followed josmith’s process and disconnected myself from the network, and Photoshop did start.
Though this worked, it didn’t make much sense, so I plugged back into the network, and Photoshop didn’t start again. I restarted in safe mode with network support, and Photoshop started. This made even less sense.

So I restarted normally in XP, and did what everyone tells you to do and went into Task manager, and started disabling one process at a time and wait till Photoshop started. Eventually, I saw that it was some process called spoolsv.exe that was the cause, and since this was the printers, I restarted that process, I deleted my network printer and reinstalling it. I restarted XP, and Photoshop started fine.

I am not sure who’s problem this is, XP or Photoshop’s.

Here’s an addendum. It appears that Photoshop is eventually opening –
after
waiting for 10 to 15 minutes. That puts a small dent in productiivity.
Three of us in my company are having the same problem. We are not using
CS,
however we each have upgrade copies of 7.01. We’ve discovered that if we disconnet the network cable, Photoshop 7.01 starts without a hitch. When
we
are connected to the network the problem discribed by wbm01 occurs. On another forum (adobe.photoshop.windows) it was suggested that deleteing
the
"prefs" files would fix the probelm. I deleted that file along with all
the
other files in the directory and the problem stilll exists. (When I
unplug
the network cable all of the deleted files are regenerated as Photoshop starts.)

"wbm" wrote in message
don’t
THX
will

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections