Posted By
Tim_Francis
Dec 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’m a website/graphic designer and have owned a Sony DSC505V Cybershot camera for about 5 years but are now looking at getting a bit more involved in doing some more serious photography and are looking at going to a Canon DSLR camera.

I’ve been told that the Canon EOS 40D would be ideal for a person in my situation.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations? Is the 40D better than the 450D?

As far as lenses go (I’d like to be able to take some obvious every day scenes, some close up portrait type shots and some landscape / wide angled shots). Any recommendations on which lenses I should start out with?

Also is there any other equipment I need for starting out to fill my photographers toolbox aparat from (Camera, Lenses, Filters, Tripod, Carry Case, Memory stick).

Also any links to some quality photography sites or books would be much apprecaited.

Any help would be great

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DR
Donald_Reese
Dec 26, 2008
There is a photography forum here you could inquire in. I shoot nikon,so i cant offer any insights for you. there are a few canon shooters over there.
TF
Tim_Francis
Dec 26, 2008
Hi Donald could you please point me in the direction of the photography forum as I am having trouble locating it.

Thanks

Tim
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 26, 2008
Tim,

You can find it by going to the main product directory page. or click on: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb41392>

Neil
TF
Tim_Francis
Dec 26, 2008
Thanks Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections