SK
Posted By
Susan_Kearney
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am receiving the following message when trying to start Photoshop 7.0 logged in as a domain user on an NT 4.0 server. "Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the Properties command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file" I do not receive the message when logged in with administrator privileges. Domain users have full control rights to all Photoshop folders and subfolders. Is there any other folder (temp, cache, etc.) that users need to access to run the program? I’ve found no info in help, online docs, website. etc. Thanks very much for any insight on this!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
May 11, 2004
Susan,

I don’t have any advice with regard to your trouble, but thought that you should be aware that you are posting in the Photoshop Elements forum.

You may get a more targeted response if you post in the forum for full Photoshop.

Byron
BC
Bill Crocker
May 11, 2004
Why on earth would you run Photoshop on a server???

Bill Crocker

wrote in message
I am receiving the following message when trying to start Photoshop 7.0
logged in as a domain user on an NT 4.0 server. "Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the Properties command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file" I do not receive the message when logged in with administrator privileges. Domain users have full control rights to all Photoshop folders and subfolders. Is there any other folder (temp, cache, etc.) that users need to access to run the program? I’ve found no info in help, online docs, website. etc. Thanks very much for any insight on this!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections