WN
Posted By
Wesley_Norman
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know that I have read about this somewhere but wasn’t interested at the time to didn’t pay any attention to the solution. Could someone please remind me. I have searched through over 600 FAQ. and have tried to do a search but nothing comes up. I probably just don’t know what to type in.
Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

I am not having the problem but a friend, who just bought the CS update is. Just wanted to give him a hand. All I know is that his OS is Win2000.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 15, 2004
Is there a question in that statement?

Photoshop only "calls" something to authorize, or check for updates. And it won’t do either of those if you aren’t already connected to a network.
N
norm
Apr 15, 2004
The question is how do you get rid of it. I think someone said that if you click on the image at the top of the tool box a window should come up that will allow you turn turn this off but I can’t get that to work with CS. All I get is the home page of Adobe. How can I get rid of it? wrote in message
Is there a question in that statement?

Photoshop only "calls" something to authorize, or check for updates. And it won’t do either of those if you aren’t already connected to a
network.
WN
Wesley_Norman
Apr 15, 2004
Sorry about that, yes the question is how do you stop it? Thanks.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 15, 2004
You can’t stop what isn’t happening.

The authorization MUST happen, but only the first time or after you change the system. Checking for updates only happens if you’re already online.

So, what problem are you seeing?
L
LenHewitt
Apr 16, 2004
Wesley,

Is this what you were looking for?

329702 Firewall software erroneously reports that an application is accessing the Internet
http://information.adobe.com/cgi-bin1/DM/y/eebh0Faik50ECs0Fm C50Aq
N
norm
Apr 16, 2004
I will have to check on that Len. I am not having a problem myself but a new computer user is. I am trying to help through Email so have to wait until he does something and gets back to me and then try to work out the problem with. A phone call would probably be better but a lot more expensive. Thanks for the input.
And Chris, I am aware that authentication must happen since I have gone through all of that but this seems to be happening to my friend after authentication. We are trying to work it out. Thanks to you.

wrote in message
Wesley,

Is this what you were looking for?

329702 Firewall software erroneously reports that an application is accessing the Internet
http://information.adobe.com/cgi-bin1/DM/y/eebh0Faik50ECs0Fm C50Aq
WN
Wesley_Norman
Apr 17, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion Len, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem in this case. I appreciation the response though.
L
LenHewitt
Apr 17, 2004
Wesley,

How does your friend know it is accessing the Internet? What IP Address is it attempting to access? It is more than likely to be 127.0.0.1 (localhost) which is his own machine!
N
norm
Apr 17, 2004
Len, I will ask him when he returns home. Thanks again for taking time out for this problem.

wrote in message
Wesley,

How does your friend know it is accessing the Internet? What IP Address is it attempting to access? It is more than likely to be 127.0.0.1
(localhost)
which is his own machine!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections