Posted By
M_Seik
Nov 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

This is a strange way to start out on these forums but I couldn’t find any appropriate contact portal for this issue, so here goes.

I was browsing the portfolio of a logo design company and was dumbfounded to find a logo with typography and the Photoshop CS2 feather icon as the graphic for the logo. There has been absolutely no alteration of the graphic in any way.

So, while I pick my jaw up off the floor, any suggestions/thoughts/anything at all?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Nov 5, 2006
Yeah.

Post the link so we can ALL have fun hammering the jerk with searing torrents of nasty email.

XD
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 5, 2006
Or check and make sure that they’re not the contractor for Adobe….
MS
M_Seik
Nov 5, 2006
That was one of my thoughts. Although, if I had created such a prominent icon, I can’t imagine why I wouldn’t display it in that context rather than using it in a logo for some unknown company.
B
Buko
Nov 5, 2006
So are you going to post the link?
MS
M_Seik
Nov 5, 2006
No because if someone says something to them they might remove everything (there’s also been another which has been confirmed by the original artist) — here’s an unidentifying snipet of the screenshot I took, though:

<http://static.flickr.com/107/289949238_f8ac0b09f9.jpg>
P
Phosphor
Nov 6, 2006
"The Color Longue"

πŸ˜€ !!! !!! πŸ˜€
MS
M_Seik
Nov 6, 2006
I’m right there with ya scooter!
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Nov 6, 2006
Or ask Mike who did the art work…

hmm…
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 6, 2006
Mike, who did the artwork?
S
SteveVI
Nov 7, 2006
I think we can sue them for breach of spelling, doesn’t the Photoshop lounge own the trademark LongueΒ™?
TT
Toby_Thain
Nov 7, 2006
French anyone? -> longue. Heck, "chaise longue" is common Anglicised usage, so it’s not that hard to encounter.

But that’s the CS2 feather < http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/apps/photoshop/installa tion/fileassociations/900.png> alright. What’s your next step? Go a lynchin’?

Full disclosure: I violate a zillion ways on my home page <http://telegraphics.com.au/>.
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
who is scooter?
MS
M_Seik
Nov 7, 2006
After spending a chunk of time trying to find the right place to address it, I called Adobe and they (at least the person I spoke with) didn’t seem to know, and didn’t seem particularly concerned. Maybe Adobe just doesn’t sweat the small stuff, although that would go against the proprietary extra set of teeth that most large companies grow behind their first set.

Scooter’s just a silly reference I like from a comedian. That, and poot.
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
JS
John_Slate
Nov 7, 2006
Maybe Adobe just doesn’t sweat the small stuff,

Don’t sweat the petty stuff… pet the sweaty stuff.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 7, 2006
it’s "chaise lounge" not "chaise longue", or was that a joke?

I dunno. A feather’s a feather. I personally hate the Photoshop feather and wish they’d change back to the eye, which says Photoshop much better than a feather.
B
Bernie
Nov 7, 2006
chaise longue is the proper spelling.

Americans insist on mispelling words, both English anf foreign. (think colour)
CB
charles badland
Nov 7, 2006
A feather’s a feather. I personally hate the Photoshop feather and wish they’d change back to the eye, which says Photoshop much better than a feather.

Hear, hear!
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
Ed,

You need to work on your French. πŸ˜€

It’s chaise longue.

Nomad:

Americans insist on misspelling words, both English and foreign.

Β…or mispronouncing them πŸ˜‰ Some pronounce the "longue" in chaise longue as "lounge."
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 7, 2006
OK
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Nov 7, 2006
I hate the fact that some marketing moron at Adobe created the CS name. It was supposed to bundle the software. What it has done is create interim releases like 2.3 CS that includes Acrobat 8. Typical marketing stupid waste of money BS.

And the point of bundled software was?

someone remind me….
JC
Jay_Chevako
Nov 7, 2006
wrote:

someone remind me….

Cheaper entry price, but then locking you into the suite upgrade price. Jay
P
paradoxmoon
Nov 8, 2006
B
Buko
Nov 8, 2006

to crush Quark
TT
Toby_Thain
Nov 8, 2006
Well, at least we’re back on topic again.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections