SH
Posted By
Scott_Haneda
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS 7 on OS X, having a tough time making 2 automated actions, I would like them to ultimately be able to be made into droplets as well. I see there are applescripts you can use,which is a option also, but I can not seem to figure out how to run those in batch

Problem #1
1000’s of images need to be thumbnailed, I need to have each image opened, cropped to a aquare 1:1 aspect ration, and then sized to 80 x 80 px. They may be portrait or landscape, and they will all be different sizes, I would like the crop to happen from both edges wqually.

Problme #2
First, run trim to tran pixels, then, crow the canvas to make the image square, so the smallest side == the largest side, no image distortion, just a canvas resize.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Carl_Stawicki
Feb 12, 2004
AppleScripting is the way to go. You can save a script as a droplet, which can be used for batching.

Carl.
SH
Scott_Haneda
Feb 13, 2004
Anyone care to explain to me how to go about this in AppleScript?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections