W
Posted By
woopit
Sep 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Our tech guy updated e-mail adresses today for Entourage and now some keyboard commands in Phostoshop And Illustartor are not working (CS2). Tried trashing prefs, but it did not restore function. Has anyone else run across this type of problem? Anything else I can do besides reloading apps.? Thanks all.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

OO
Omke_Oudeman
Sep 18, 2006
Don’t know what keyboard commands don’t function but I had some trouble with selecting fields with Tab

This was solved by going to the system prefs – keyboard and mouse – keyboard combination and see the setting underneath the standard setting button. Choose only text and Listing (got the Dutch version, don’t know what the English says exactly)

regards
Omke
W
woopit
Sep 18, 2006
Thanks 4 the response Omke. I checked the prefs, but the button is on text box and lists only. So I still don’t know what the problem is. Since I posted my question I spoke w/the tech person and he says that Entourage is not the cause of the problem. Yet, the only machines that are having the problem are the ones that had the e-mail addresses changed. Something is screwy. Tahnks 4 your help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 18, 2006
Have you tried removing any Entourage Prefs. from your Preferences folder?
W
woopit
Sep 18, 2006
Ann-I told em to run Disk Utility that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 18, 2006
IIRC, there was (is?) a problem when installing Entourage after PS
W
woopit
Sep 18, 2006
Not surprising. Good 2 know. Thanks
B
Buko
Sep 18, 2006
Try using Mail.
W
woopit
Sep 19, 2006
Try using Mail.<

My very words!
B
Buko
Sep 19, 2006
I just switched from Entourage to mail after I got my G5. I now much prefer Mail.
R
Ram
Sep 19, 2006
Buko,

Were you able to import your old Entourage messages ant folders to Apple’s Mail? What about the Entourage calendar and events?

Just wondering.
W
woopit
Sep 19, 2006
Yes, you can import your Entourage mail into Mail. Go to the Apple Mail forum to find out how.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2006
For "calendar and events", you might explore the possibility of using Apple’s iCal?
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
Ann,

For "calendar and events", you might explore the possibility of using Apple’s iCal?

Of course; that’s what I meant, importing events into iCal. I should have been more specific.

As for Entourage, I had tried importing into Mail when I first got the machine with Panther, but not everything transferred. Things like categories, user-created folders and subfolders, rules, etc., had to be recreated by hand.

There was something else about Mail which made it a deal killer; I don’t remember what it was.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections