ST
Posted By
Shelby_Thayer
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a Dell Latitude 0620 running Windows XP Prof with 1 GIG of RAM. I am using Photoshop CS2 Version 9.0.2 with all updates current. Both Win XP and PS CS 2 are official and licensed.

Whenever I open a file in Photoshop and try to manipulate it (it doesn’t matter what I do: resize, apply a filter, even zoom, etc.) I get the following error and it boots me out of Photoshop.

======================
The instruction at "0x03f8d17c" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
======================

I thought this was a memory issue so I looked it up in the MS knowledgebase and on the web. I couldn’t find any reference "0x03f8d17c", but found a ton of references to 0x00000014. Some say it is a memory issue. Some say it is a software issue.

I’ve tried new memory (problem not fixed). I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled PS CS2 twice (problem not fixed).

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

Shelby

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 3, 2006
My first guess would be a bad driver or OS install.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections