Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Amazon Glitch Unmasks War of Reviewers

Amazon Canada has had a glitch that has revealed the identity of anonymous posters of book reviews. It seems that some authors are giving themselves 5 star ratings under pseudonyms. It does make one wonder if some of the camera reviews are also self-serving. I guess one should take everything they read on the net with a healthy dose of salts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/14/technology/14AMAZ.html?ex= 1077339600&e n=c9e13db55f83c40a&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Feb 14, 2004
Doh! That’s pretty funny Grant. I’ve bought electronics from Amazon (like my first digital camera and printer) based partially on reviews. I dismiss the anonymous reviews, though, and only pay attention to "real" reviewers. Of course it probably isn’t too hard to fake a "real" Amazon identity either. Good thing I look at multiple sources before purchasing!

Joe
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 14, 2004
hey, our president says go ahead and dig up the paperwork on my history in the force….duh, do they really think we are that stupid ? …I don’t really care either way what he did or didn’t do while he was in service…makes absolutely no difference to me just like i don’t care that Bill got happy for a while…but, c’mon, how difficult is it to smudge papers when there is so much power involved ? Look at this forum….how do we know that everyone is who they say they are….grain of salt.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Feb 14, 2004
how do we know that everyone is who they say they are

Crap! The jig is surely up now…

Joe
R
Ray
Feb 14, 2004
That’s why I always discard the too positive or too negative reviews I read for every product.
R
Ray
Feb 14, 2004
I’m not a real person. I’m actually a Timex Sinclair 2Kb program running in text mode out of a cassette deck… 😉

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 14, 2004
Valentine’s day and my heart is all a flutter … I though I was the only Timex Sinclair 2Kb program running in text mode out of a cassette deck

G- rant

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections