L
Posted By
LRK
Jul 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I might be missing something and this might be a stupid question but is there a possible glitch with Actions & Save For Web?

I created an action that would Save For Web. I made it to where each photo would be saved as a High 60 JPG and be 600 pixels wide.

Yesterday I ran the action on quite a few photos as I processed them. They were all different sizes but were supposed to end up at 600 pixels wide. However, when I later reopened the JPGs it seems the larger files saved much larger and that the action produced inconsistent results.

I’m not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong or a glitch with actions. I tried trashing the actions and recreating them but it produced the same inconsistent results.

If someone knows about this, your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Linda

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LRK
Jul 30, 2004
Another roadblock I’ve run into with the Web Photo Gallery. At one point I customized the Web Photo Gallery. Now I want to make changes and I no longer see the options. I must be getting brain sludge… 8/
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 30, 2004
Seems, to be working okay here except that checking Override Save As commmands doesn’t seem to be working as it should. So check to make sure it’s saving where you think it is.

About the gallery, don’t know.
L
LRK
Jul 30, 2004
I noticed that also about it saving in the wrong place.

Thanks very much for testing it Ed. Much appreciated!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 1, 2004
Linda, you may download Danny Raphael’s tutorial about actions, and search the SFW entries… <http://www.atncentral.com/installing.htm>
L
LRK
Aug 1, 2004
Thanks very much Pierre. I’ve downloaded the file. Hopefully the chapter on Action Limitations And Workarounds will be helpful.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 2, 2004
And?
BM
Bruce_Myren
Aug 11, 2004
I have just discovered a similar problem, when doing a save for web, file size optimized, 600 ppi jpeg, the files very infrequently come out 610 ppi. Does anyone have any ideas?
L
LRK
Aug 17, 2004
Good question Bruce…

Pierre, I’m just getting around to hopefully being able to study the Actions link you provided. I have created a custom gallery and now want to be able to automate it like you would the ones provided by Adobe.

Is this a monumental task? My time is limited… so I don’t want to embark on something that will take too long to learn.
L
LRK
Aug 17, 2004
I may have found just what I need to create my own gallery at this thread. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb5148d/0>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections